Sunday 3 January 2010

3/365 - Walking on sunshine


3/365 - Walking on sunshine, originally uploaded by jill_murray.

I am loving this weather. This is probably the most consistently cold winter that I can remember. It's normally wet, kind of mild and not really a season of it's own. But this year, it's been cold, crisp, icy, snowy and I love it! I've probably got out and about more in the last month than I have for a long time and it's lovely. It pays to make a bit of an effort in life!

This picture was taken on the Cavehill in Belfast, it's a beautiful area and there'll definitely be more pics in my 365 from round here. Some day soon I hope to climb to the top of the hill and do a panoramic shot of Belfast, I've wanted to do it for ages but am too scared I'll fall over the edge! Doh.

Back to work tomorrow after the holidays. It's rubbish but I need to get back into a routine, I've been eating myself out of house and home and it has to stop!

Have a good Monday everyone!

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love it. I love the lighting, the composition, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the muted tones. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the composition, beautiful photograph. I agree on the winter, its been cold, cold and colder still. Saw my first two cars kissing this morning which is strange given the prolonged period of ice and snow we have had.

    Looking forward to more photographs from the same location.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning photo!! i cannot wait to see more! i am realizing how much i truly love your photos!! the processing and the photo together are perfect!

    i'm heading back to work tomorrow too... NOT looking forward to it in any way, shape, or form!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo! Beautiful light and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had snow again today (Massachusetts, U.S.) -- just light and fluffy, and I didn't mind shoveling a bit and watching the sun go down. The light in this photo is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely... I love seeing moments like this captured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet photo Jill. Love the title too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely capture! Hope your Monday back to work is a good one, and I agree about the eating everything in the house. My husband just told me today he feels like he's gained 10lbs since the holidays. Salad for dinner tomorrow night for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! You make cold weather look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous photo. i think we were in the same photographic mood on day 3!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lighting is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It really is stunning. The photo has movement and light. And it just looks cold.
    PS I am doing the photo a day thing too. I am excited. And am also posting the images on my blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, the tones on that are amazing! This cold streak is really photogenic!

    ReplyDelete