Saturday 2 January 2010

2/365 2nd January 2010 - Sweet!


2/365 2nd January 2010 - Sweet!, originally uploaded by jill_murray.
Day 2 and I'm early on the ball today! I need to clean my house and I have found myself spending all day, literally all day over this past couple of weeks on Flickr and I'm getting nothing done!!! So at least if I have got my shot I can chillax and go do my chores, and then pop by later to see what everyone else has been up to.

So, this shot. I love colours, I really do. I'm guessing colours will feature heavily in my 365 this year! And since I have discovered Photoshop actions to help with my processing, I feel like a new world has opened up! I always coveted that retro/vintage feel others managed to have in their shots, and could never achieve, then I discovered actions - awesome!

I'm feeling terribly excited about my photography again and I haven't felt like that for 7/8 months. And since I have had the break, it's weird but I have come back feeling like I know more, like I am more willing to try new things, like I want to be more experimental and see where it takes me.

God, I really hope this lasts :)

11 comments:

  1. THis is just lovely! I love the colors here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I know the feeling about spending too much time on the computer and Flickr. I'm trying reeeeeally hard to stop doing that. Good idea to get the shot early and then go do other stuff for a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! i like the same kind of processing too! i'm definitely a HUGE fan of retro/vintage looking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to colour and composition, excellent photograph. It also so good to hear your so excited but the project, I'm also getting such a buzz from it.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo!

    http://bbbphotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill! Thanks for the comments on my blog; I've added you to my blog roll :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE color, so I'm looking forward to your shots!

    Kimberly
    http://yeptheyareallmine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you about color and this is really nice. I don't always like angled shots but this one really works for me. I need to get better at processing my photos - maybe less time on Facebook would help that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to start the year - and this project - with excitement at new discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm. Love this shot. Great vintage color ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shot. I love the look you have created here. How did you it, if you don't mind me asking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kirsten, it's set up and shot on my bay windiwsill! Processing is in PSE6 using actions from Florabella, which I have only discovered in the last few days and they have changed my life! I swear!!!

    Thanks for the comments everyone xx

    ReplyDelete