Tuesday 12 January 2010

12/365 12th January 2010 - Me


12/365 12th January 2010 - Me, originally uploaded by jill_murray.
Self-portrait Tuesday again! And I'm still cheating a little! My reason for the marginal cheat this week is twofold:

1 - To hide my face!
2 - I thought the 'me' theme would be appropriate today as I have been tagged by my pal Mark www.flickr.com/photos/devilfishmark/4267166954/ and now I have to bore you with 10 (not very) interesting facts about me!

So here goes:

1 - I love cooking and have a Vietnamese Noodle Soup bubbling on the stove as we speak.
2 - I spend a huge amount of my spare time training Army Cadets in things such as drill, map and compass, community work and shooting.
3 - I love stationery and could spend hours on end in Paperchase, just looking at all the lovely papers and pens.
4 - I am a huge football fan and take it very seriously. I support Liverpool.
5 - I am going on my holiday of a lifetime in September - almost 3 weeks travelling the east coast of the USA. On my own!
6 - I have a problem with my spine (neck) which gives me a lot of pain :(
7 - I am about the only person I know who doesn't have kids - must be at that age now....
8 - I am desperate to upgrade my camera but can't afford to for the foreseeable future. I want a Canon 5D please!
9 - I have Reynauds disease which is a circulatory problem that causes some of my fingers to go seethrough in the cold - which is the source of much hilarity to my pals and a bit of a party trick.
10 - I have never eaten a pear. Or an avocado.

So there you are! 10 not very interesting facts about me!

8 comments:

  1. I love the 10 interesting facts and the photo! You will LOVE the East coast, especially in the fall; it is beautiful! Also...I don't know what age you are, but I think I am at "that" age, and I also don't have kids! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have you never had an avocado??? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE avocados! You should try one ;)

    Kimberly
    http://yeptheyareallmine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent photograph, excellent candid shot and I love the 10 facts about "me" even if some of them are sad. I will have to have a go, thank you for the inspiration.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool photo and blog post -- and I, too, think you will enjoy the east coast in September :) and should try an avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should try an avocado (add a splash of tabasco on it). I love it :)) A pear is yummy to, but I'm allergic to pears, so I don't eat them either. The photo is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever composition of your self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so great, jill!

    i've very impressed by your pho soup making skills. september is the perfect time to come to the east coast... especially nyc! and, you are one bad ass chick. training army cadets... i'm scared of you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this self portrait -- well done. enjoy your trip to the east coast -- come see us on cape cod if you get a chance! it's lovely in september, when all the summer tourists have gone home.

    ReplyDelete